With our smartphones being akin to handheld computers nowadays, many people like to be able to have the same access to seeing ‘how things are doing‘ – just as they do with their computers. If you’re somebody who tends to wonder if you are getting what you’ve paid for, an Android Hardware and System Information application is just what you need. One of the following free apps will give you all the information you need about your device’s system and hardware to competently evaluate how well it’s working for you. Of necessity, they do require a range of permissions.
DevCheck Hardware and System Info
Accurate and well-organized system information
Devcheck monitors your device’s hardware in real time, providing you with all the available information on the CPU, GPU, memory, battery, network, camera, and operating system.
The interface has a menu bar featuring Dashboard, Hardware, System, Battery, Network, Apps, Camera and Sensors tabs with the window below displaying the respective information for each.
- Dashboard – displays the status of the CPU and GPU, the SOC (System-on-a-chip info) and CPU temperatures, battery and memory usage levels, sleep and uptime. All are clickable. Clicking on temperatures will allow you to select exactly which temperature sensors you want to display.
- Hardware – Shows you every detail on the device’s CPU, GPU, SOC, storage, memory, and hardware including Bluetooth. You even get the name and manufacturer of the chip, the processor cores, the big.LITTLE configuration and memory type. Bandwidth, resolution, storage capacity and more are all displayed.
- System – Displays all system information and can check root, KNOX status and more.
- Battery – Real-time battery status, temperature, health, current, voltage, current, and capacity.
- Network – WiFi and cellular connections, IP addresses, phone number, and connection information.
- Apps – Lists all the apps and services running and their current memory usage.
- Camera – Displays specs for the front and back cameras including resolution in megapixels, pixel size, sensor size, aperture, RAW capability, aperture, focal length, focus and flash modes, image format, JPEG quality, etc.
- Sensors – All the device’s sensors and the relevant information for each of them is shown with real-time graphical displays accessible for such sensors as accelerometer, light, step detector, gyroscope, and others.
System Info Droid
Get Info, Tools, and Benchmark for true testing of performance
In addition to complete system, hardware and software information on your Android smartphone, System Info Droid lets you test its performance, instantly check live info via a widget on your home screen and share your stats.
Features that make System Info Droid the perfect Android System information application are:
- Benchmark tool that features performance levels for hundreds of devices for you to compare your device’s performance
- Ability to view and share CPU, WIFI, Mobile Networks, Battery, Storage, Screen, Camera, Sound Chip, RAM Memory, Temperatures, Sensors Cores, Graphics Chip specifications
- RAM free up tool
- Uninstall or copy the APK of your apps
- Widget for CPU performance, RAM and temperature
- 3 skin colors for custom good looks
Great graphs provide highly comprehensive Android system information
Pacific Developer’s CPU X provides you with complete information on processors, cores, speed, sensors, cameras, etc. on your own and other Android devices and lets you share and discuss the information with others.
You can monitor all aspects of the device from a tabbed interface providing access to SOC, System, Network, Battery, Sensors, Features and Camera. Upload and download speeds display on the status bar, and a home screen widget gives you the immediate status of the device. Your data usage can be displayed on easy-to-read graphs.
In addition to finding the specs for other Phones, CPU X has informative articles and a question and answer forum. It’s a socially interactive hot-spot for discussing ideas and information related to Android technology.
One-stop center for viewing the essential details on the system and hardware of your Android device
A powerful but simple application, My Device enables you to explore your device in depth by simply launching the application and tapping on one of the tabs on the clean, comprehensive user interface.
- Device – get details on the brand, manufacturer and model, the board type, boot-loader, hardware, and screen resolution. Get your ID and serial number.
- OS – find the OS version, release date, build ID, build type, and support status.
- CPU – get the CPU model, port, variant, implementer, revision; see memory usage in graph view, view RAM usage and more.
- Battery – see power source, voltage, battery type, status, level, temperature health.
- Storage – internal and external storage details, used, free and total.
- Network – connection status, network type, data type, IP address, MAC address, Link speed, SSID.
- Camera – display all specs, megapixels, aspect ration, white balance, ISO, HDR, scene mode and more
- Sensors – see all sensors with real-time readings, names, types, vendor, versions, resolution, power.
- Features – check on all device features, Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, camera flash, microphone, USB, printing, game sensors, audio output, app widgets and more.
A My Device Android system information application will also list all your user installed applications as well as your system apps.
View detailed system information in a no-nonsense way
Sys-I presents Android system information in a no-frills, straight-forward manner. Although the GUI is plain, the amount of system details the app delivers is impressive.
It’s built using Material Design which provides for easy reading and navigation. All details are categorized allowing you to quickly jump to various sections to view the information you need.
The categories include:
- Current Operating System
- Internal Storage
- Display Information
- Device Information
- Java Virtual Machine Details
- Battery Details
- Network Information
- Graphics Processsor Information
- CPU Details
- Installed Google Services
Sys-I is light-weight, fast, and requires Android 6.0 and up.
Interested in various System Info Tools for your PC? Check out our Free System Information Utilities software category.